I’m a regular Charlotte York kind of gal. You know, “sweet, romantic, and traditional. A bit prissy and naïve and won’t settle for less than a picture-perfect life.” Naturally, I wanted perfect pictures for our wedding. We sought out wedding vendors at the Bridal Extravaganza, January 2014. We met our wedding photographers David and Irene of Expose the Heart; my entourage and I instantly fell in love with the photos the couple had on display. Their tag line? “Just like the way light exposes a photograph, allowing it to become more visible, love exposes the heart.” Words never spoke truer.
We purchased a package that included engagement and bridal photos, so we had lots of communication throughout the year before the big day, December 13, 2014. A week before the wedding, I met with Irene to finalize our shot list and sent her a Pinterest board for inspiration (photographers love that, by the way). I had complete faith in the duo when it came to our wedding photos. While there were certain photos I hoped I would see, it was the candid photos I loved most. These are the candid photos, I feel every bride needs from her photographer:
- The endless hours of planning brought to life by her family, friends and vendors. Linen, DPC Events; Bride’s cake, Lucy’s; Lounge furniture, The Lounge Concept; Flowers, Evember; Day-of-wedding coordinator, Jennifer Craft
- A moment of prayer (sans mimosas) that brings peace to the bride.
- A mother’s visit into the bridal suite that soothes the soul.
- Her groom at the end of the aisle with a smile as big as Texas.
- A promise that brings smiles to her friends and family and tears to a bridesmaid.
- The beginning of a beautiful forever.
- The unbreakable bond between two sisters and the women who give her purpose.
- The split-second between staged photos that bring laughter to the bride + groom.
- The best kind of love, brought together by Christ and hand-picked by each other.
- A sneak-peak into what the bridesmaids were doing before the bride made her grand entrance.
- A friendship that stands the test of time and distance.
- Speeches that left the bride + groom speechless and fist-bumps amidst bridesmaids.
- The I’m-having-the-time-of-my-life-photo; oh yeah, and it looks like everyone else is having fun too!
Photo credit: Expose the Heart